I am STILL ridiculously amused by the fact that the protagonist of GX has a bigger kill count under his belt than ALL of the series’s villains put together.
This is why people shouldn’t complain when he decides to be lazy and sleep in class.
No really, when he decided he was going to do the thing HE DID THE THING. HE TOOK OVER AN ENTIRE DIMENSION IN A MATTER OF DAYS, MAYBE A MONTH
Because that’s how it’s done, bitches
They say that the hero is only as good as their antagonist. Well, Judai didn’t had a worthy antagonist so he became one and fuck this shit
That reminds me of a headcanon I had. I noticed the Supreme King didnt have any kind of super powers and I thought to myself “Well thats kind of lame” and then I thought well what if his “super power” is being really driven and a natural leader? Because yeah whereas Judai couldnt get his school work done normally he conquered a lot of territory and gave it all new government extremely quickly. And maybe it was all kind of spurred on by anger because Judai never really got angry before Brron.
Actually the Supreme King had plenty of powers
Many characters through the series remarks that Judai’s draws are uncanny, almost supernatural…Because they are. I mean, even with Yami Yuugi’s skills how many times he drew a combo with Pot of Greed + something else that allowed him to draw even more cards? It is started in canon that even before awakening his powers Judai’s draw was more ‘powerful’ than any other before or maybe even after him (except maybe for the Barians, I haven’t watched Zexal).
After that, Judai is able to control Ra without any drawbacks. At first you might say: oh, Ra was willing and it was a copy. Well, the fake Exodia did a very short work of many duelists in the classic DM series. And then when you watch the JP sub version of BBT , Paradox says that Judai has the power to rule over duel monster spirits. The Supreme King is basically the king of the duel monster spirits. Isn’t that a power?
I also would like to point the fact he had some sort of fear aura that made this terrible pressure to anybody who dueled him. During the duel against Jim, O’Brien commented on it, and again during his own duel he did commented about it too.
Plus the dark energy thing. I mean, the guy OPENED and CLOSED doors with his dark mist thing. He used it to leap when the building was exploding in season 4.
And let’s not forget he got the power to materialize duel monsters. The duel disk itself makes holovisions, holographic with some solid mass, but it isn’t perfect. During season 4, Judai’s eyes glowed golden as he made Neos material at least once. Sure, it might be the combined power of Yubel and the Supreme King, but still part of his power.
Not to mention his powers protected him from being brainwashed by the Light of Destruction and turned him into a wildcard, he was the only one who could defy destiny because he was the one fated to fight it because of his power
And as you mentioned, it also might have something to do with his leadership qualities, and maybe also to the fact Judai is a brilliant strategist.
….watcha mean the Supreme King doesn’t have powers?
I cant believe I forgot about that oh my god. Thank you! There was the scene with honest too, and how he remembered everyone even after darkness started taking people in too.
"Sorry, But Our Princess is in Another Castle”
He just spouts all of this thinking they’ll believe him when even Judai himself questioned the possibility of being in space and meeting a talking dolphin with legs.
guys im goin to watch the last episode of dm ill be back
please light me on fire
That’s… Surprisingly Accurate (5D’s 64)
- Godwin: “Jack Atlas, it was you who said it, yes? ‘No matter how much a person abandons, they will never be alone,’ to paraphrase. However, that is not true. People can easily become alone. That is death. When people face death, they are reminded that they never had friends or bonds. This may not come as much of a surprise, but the journey to death is on one’s own.”
- Yusei: “Godwin…”
- Godwin: “I shall return you back into the old Jack Atlas once more! Back to that desperate solitude of one on the verge of death! Earthbound God Wiraqocha Rasca will skip my Battle Phase for this turn! And, Jack, your Life Points will be reduced to 1. Polestar Obey!!”
- Goodwin: “Oh little Jack! So much to learn! ‘This is what happens when you give up your loner ways,’ as you put it. You make careless mistakes, and now you’ll pay for them—and pay dearly. Of course the irony in all of this is that even though you’ve commited yourself to your friends you’ll be paying this price all alone! Do you know what I speak of? I’m speaking of the moment you face your doom!”
- Yusei: “That’s not good…”
- Goodwin: “And that very moment is now at hand, Jack! Sorry but your so-called friends can’t save you… Because I activate Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca’s ability! Now I skip my Battle Phase and your Life Points fall to 1! Unleash your fury, Rasca!